We know that you care about how your personal information is used and shared. Therefore, we take your privacy very seriously. The Compass follows a policy to protect the information. This policy lays down the practices and procedures that we follow in collecting, storing and handling the information provided by users of this website. By visiting our website or application, you are accepting the privacy practices outlined in this policy.
Collection of Information
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our websites and offerings. This information allows us to provide users an efficient experience. We collect the following types of information from our users.
- We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose to not provide certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of some of our special features.
- Subscription: To subscribe to The Compass and access the associated services, you will be required to provide some personal information and accept the terms and conditions applicable. This information may include your username, name, email id, phone number, and state of residence. This information will be used at an individual level only to manage your subscription account, and at an aggregate level only to tailor our offerings to our audience.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. The Compass and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain “navigation data” on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, The Compass cookie information, and the page you requested. We use this data, only at an aggregate level, to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyse trends, and administer the website.
- It may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed.
- Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
We collect information that helps us in providing the best experience to the user while using the website. The information also helps us in understanding visitor behavior and demographics and enables us to create and present content in a manner that is most useful for visitors. The information collected at the time of registration is used for communicating offers, newsletters, and other relevant information to users.
Access to data
The Compass restricts access to user information collected to authorized personnel alone. Such access is restricted by means of passwords.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. Cookies from The Compass do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or e-mail address is.
The Compass follows security procedures that are consistent with standard practices. We follow well defined administrative, technical and physical security control procedures to provide reasonable protection to information provided by the users.
Transfer of Information
The Compass may, in some cases, transfer information to third parties if it is necessary to meet the purpose of collecting such data. Such transfer of information will only be done if the third party follows the same level of data protection as that followed by The Compass in order to protect the trust of its users. The Compass never sells information provided by a user to a third party. In some cases, The Compass will have to disclose the information collected from users to the Government to fulfill its legal obligations. Such disclosure will only be carried out with agencies of the Government or agencies authorized by it and no information other than that which is required to be disclosed under the law will be transferred to such agencies.
Changes in policy